In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, employees must follow these procedures to help protect the campus community and maintain a safe workplace:
Watch the Training Video and Complete the Acknowledgment Form
Each employee re-entering the workplace is required to view the 12-minute New York State video entitled COVID-19 Response: Return to Work Training (password: employeesback) and to acknowledge that they have done so.
Pre-Screen for Illness Before Reporting to Work
Employees will self-evaluate their medical conditions two hours before reporting to work each day:
1. Take your temperature.
2. If you have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, or if you have received information thatyou may have been exposed, seek medical advice and do not report to work.
3. If you become symptomatic, notify the Human Resource Management Office at 716-878-4822 and your immediate supervisor. Do not report to work.
4. Complete the COVID-19 screening questionnaire daily and submit it to your supervisor on the last workday of each week.
While at Work
1. Practice infection prevention and control measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Buffalo State's Procedures for Social Distancing and Face Coverings provide details.
2. Clean with disinfectant. Each department has been provided a bottle of Virex disinfectant. Staff will disinfect their respective desks, chairs, etc. Virex has a 10-minute dwell (dry time). Spray and let dry (do not wipe off). To disinfect computer components, spray onto a cloth and wipe onto components to dry. Clean shared items -- office equipment, tools and implements -- after each use. For additional information and supply, please email Custodial Services or call 716-878-3404.
3. Use the telephone, e-mail or video conferencing whenever possible and as much as possible for meetings and other contact with co-workers.
4. Require scheduled appointments for office visits when practicable.
5. Establish designated areas for pick-ups and deliveries, limiting person-to-person contact. Consider installing a mail bin on your office door to reduce interactions.
6. Prop doors open when appropriate. Where possible, without violating fire codes, prop doors to minimize knob handling and to make it easier to see people entering and exiting.
7. Take lunch and breaks on your own. Employees should take lunch and breaks separately from colleagues, while maintaining social distancing. Use alternative locations on campus as much as possible for lunch and breaks.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.